Here you will find useful hints and tips for measuring your child correctly for items of school uniform. Because not every supplier/manufactuer with whom we trade works to the same sizing standards, it is important proper measurements are taken prior to making any purchase to cut down on returns and unnecessary delivery times.
Basic Rules & Requirements
Requirements: child, a measuring tape, paper and pen
Basic Rules: politely request that your child discards all footwear and bulky outer garments such as jumper or baggy trousers to enable you to take accurate actual body measurements. Avoid the temptation of factoring in additional room for growth at this stage. Our advisors will happily discuss size planning with you at the time of ordering.
How To Measure:
• Ask your child to stand straight against a door frame/wall with their shoulders relaxed, flat on their feet with him looking straight ahead and not leaning back • Measure from the base of the feet to the crown of the head
• your child will need to stand straight with their arms hanging loosely by their sides • Measure round the body at chest height
As one would expect, school clothing is not designed to be worn in line with low-waisted/hipster fashions, you need the natural waistline Measure around the natural waistline just above the hip bone
4. Inside leg
• Required if ordering trousers including tracksuit bottoms • Measure from the top of the inside leg to the length you would like the trousers to be
5. Waist to knee or above
• Required for boys shorts • Measure from the natural waistline to mid knee
6. Neck to knee
• Required for aprons and long coats
• Head • Measure round the circumference of the head just above the brow
• Measure round the neck with two fingers between measuring tape and skin
8. Arm length
• With a straight arm measure from the crown of the shoulder (end of the shoulder bone) to the thumb joint
9. Shoe Size
• This will be required if ordering any socks (including sports socks) or plimsolls Measure from heel to end of big toe.
Do you have a question about your order status or purchase you are considering? Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01782 899755